Basic principles for getting started in the care sector

SRC Health Care Assistant training course

If you are planning to start a career in care or would like to prepare yourself for caring for and supporting family members, the training course for SRC Health Care Assistants provides an ideal foundation. It provides you with the necessary specialist knowledge and the opportunity to improve in practice what you have learned.

Most important information in brief

How do I enrol?

In order to enrol on the training course, you must attend one of our information events. Attending an information event should help you answer important questions relating to the sequence of events and content of the SRC Health Care Assistant course. It is mandatory for all interested parties to attend an information event.

Download the Flow chart from attending mandatory information event up to receiving SRC Health Care Assistant's certificate here

Application to attend information event: Find the dates here

When does the next training course start?

You will be given the training course dates with free places at the information event. There are day courses (1 course day per week), intensive courses (2 course days per week), block courses (3 to 5 course days per week) as well as Saturday and weekend courses. You should reckon on a period of around 6 months to a year to complete both modules of the course and the 15-day internship.

The information event, all documentation and tuition are in German. 

What level of language skills are required?

You must have knowledge of the German language at level B2 in order to enrol on the training course. Those whose mother tongue isn’t German and who haven’t passed a B2 certificate in German will be invited to a language test after applying for the training course

Is there a preparatory course for those with German as a second language?

Yes, the SRC, Canton of Zurich offers the preparatory course «German as second language in the care sector». To join this course, you must have level A2/B1 German. You can enrol for the grading test at the office of the training centre.

More information about the German course: here